Major Functions Updated in Version 2.0
Added recording format selection options
- An FFcrop 5K option has been added to Rec Format Imager Scan Mode in the Project menu.
- When Imager Scan Mode is set to FF 6K, FFcrop 5K, or S35 4K, Video Format can now be set to 4096×2160.
- A “24” option has been added to Rec Format Frequency in the Project menu.
User 3D LUT support
A CUBE file (*.cube) for a 17-point or 33-point 3D LUT created using RAW Viewer or DaVinci Resolve (by Blackmagic Design Pty. Ltd.) can now be loaded
RAW output support
RAW video signal can be output from the RAW OUT connector of an XDCA-FX9 (option) attached to the camcorder.
High Dynamic Range (HDR) support
Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) is supported to enable shooting with expanded dynamic range. The two following types of HLG are available.
- Natural: Characteristic conforming to ITU-R BT.2100(HLG).
- Live: Characteristic conforming to ITU-R BT.2100(HLG) that delivers improved HDR performance.
When HDR is selected, the color space is expanded to ITU-R BT.2020 equivalent.
Added frame rate options for Slow Quick Motion
150fps and 180fps options have been addedfor the frame rate when Rec Format Imager Scan Mode in the Project menu is set to FF 2K
Expansion of ISO/Gain configurable range
The configurable range for ISO and Gain when Base Setting Shooting Mode in the Project menu is set to SDR or HDR has been expanded.
- When the gain setting mode is set to ISO, values up to the maximum ISO 102400 canbe configured.
- When the gain setting mode is set to dB, values up to 27dB can be configured.
AF function improvements
- Focusing is now supported not just for face detection but also using detection of people’s eyes.
- When Focus Area is set to Flexible Spot or Zone, the focus area frame can now be moved using touch operation.
- AF transition speed and AF subject shift sensitivity can now be assigned to assignable buttons.
- In Cine EI mode, face/eye detection AF performance has been impro
Support for changing settings from the status screen
Some settings can be modified from the status screen. Items can be selected using the multi-function dial, multi selector, or by touch operation.
6G SDI output support
4K/QFHD resolution signals can now be output from the SDI OUT connectors when the system frequency is set to 29.97, 25, 24, or 23.98
Audio function improvements
A wireless microphone can be used by inserting a portable wireless tuner in the wireless receiver insertion slot of an XDCAFX9 (option) attached to the camcorder. The following two models of portable wireless tuners are supported.
- URX-S03D UHF Synthesized Diversity Tuner
- DWR-S02DN Digital Wireless Receiver
The digital interface of an XLR-K3M XLR Adaptor Kit attached to the multi-interface shoe of the camcorder is supported.
USB tethering support
A smartphone can now be connected via a USB cable to an XDCA-FX9 (option) attached to the camcorder, allowing the camcorder to connect to the internet using the smartphone
Iris T value support
The iris indicator now displays T values when a lens that supports T value display is attached.
Password security enhancements
Passwords used for basic authentication now must be 8 characters or longer and contain at least one alphabetic character and one numeric character, respectively, for enhanced security.If you want to know more details about sony fx9 please check it here