Child and parentIt is known that children, like sponges, absorb everything that happens around them. Therefore, it is quite obvious that norms of behavior become a way of life for any person if they are laid down in childhood. It is necessary to help the child understand what etiquette, intercultural communication, morality and politeness are, which will help him successfully integrate into social life. Below we will give you some helpful tips for teaching your children good manners.
1. Modeling. If you want your children to model your manners, you must be a good role model for them. This is not an area where you can just tell them how to behave. You need to show this by example. Therefore, the first steps to good child's manners are good parenting manners.
2. Practice at home. It is unrealistic to believe that your children will learn good manners through telepathy. Children need practice. Take time to play with them, showing them how to behave. For example, when using the phone.
3. Give them words. Here are five words children should learn when they start learning good manners. They should be used in conversation with children from six months of age. Here are five words your child should remember and use: Thank you, Please, Can ..., Sorry, and No thanks.
4. Praise the children. Children love praise, especially when it comes from their parents. Very often, parents react only to negative actions of their children, taking positive actions for granted. This usually backfires. Children want attention, and if they cannot get it through good actions, they will try to get it through bad ones.
5. Be patient. Most children are self-centered by nature. Any parent recognizes this at the very beginning of parenting. It is advised not to give up because children need time to figure out how to deal with good manners. Teach them the importance of respecting the feelings and needs of others. And it will take a long time.
9 Blog posts