Calcium Hypochlorite Market Size
Calcium hypochlorite is a white solid inorganic substance with the chemical formula Ca(OCl)2. The reaction of lime (Ca(OH)2) with chlorine gas produces calcium hypochlorite. It is poisonous, unpleasant to the skin, and non-combustible, and has a strong chlorine odor.It is mostly utilized as a bleaching or disinfecting agent, commercial bleaches, cleaning solutions, and disinfectants for drinking water, wastewater, and swimming pools.
According to the MRFR analysis, the global Calcium Hypochlorite Market Size was valued at around USD 800billion in 2020 and is expected to reach around USD 840billion by the end of 2028 at a CAGR of 5.0%.
The demand for calcium hypochlorite is on the rise due to rising demand for freshwater, an increase in fatalities from waterborne disease, and stricter water discharge laws. The active ingredient in bleaching powder, calcium hypochlorite, is commonly used to purify drinking water in water purification plants. It is also frequently used as a cleaning agent or in cleaning and sanitation detergents.
Calcium hypochlorite, being incredibly cost-effective, is widely used in all public and private sectors to keep their environments clean and disinfected. It is frequently employed as an oxidizing agent in the pulp paper and agrochemical industries. However, high product costs and the high capital expenditure required for plant construction may restrain the market growth in the projected years. Furthermore, the toxic characteristics of calcium hypochlorite and the generation of chlorine by interaction with air hinder market expansion. Nonetheless, growing demand for better drinking water, as well as increased use of calcium hypochlorite in a variety of applications such as paper pulp, agrochemicals, house cleaning, food beverages, and water treatment, will provide the calcium hypochlorite market with a lucrative growth opportunity.
Get Free Sample Copy of Brochure @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/10714
COVID-19 has significantly influenced overall chemical production, particularly calcium hypochlorite manufacturing, due to supply chain disruptions around the world. This is due to the global pandemic and travel restrictions imposed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. The pandemic has hampered the manufacturing of calcium hypochlorite, impacting a variety of businesses, including agriculture, paper pulp, food beverage, and others. Ascalcium hypochlorite is used in many different industries, their declining operations directly impact the calcium hypochlorite market. Nevertheless, calcium hypochlorite is widely used as a disinfectant in surface cleaning, water treatment plants, fresh drinking water, and the agriculture industry. Thus, even throughout the pandemic, the demand has witnessed a slight increase. Calcium chlorite displays a broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity and is effective against several common pathogens at various concentrations. Hence, the demand for calcium hypochlorite had increased from various industries and residencesduring the global pandemic. To meet the increased demand from endusers, calcium hypochlorite producers have maintained their facilities running with a limited workforce.
The global calcium hypochlorite market is consolidated with the presence of numerous global, regional, and local players, with prominent players holding a major market share. Some of the prominent players include China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec) (China), Tosoh Corporation (Japan), Lonza Group Ltd (Switzerland), Nippon Soda Co., Ltd (Japan), Westlake Chemical Corporation (US), Aditya Birla Chemicals Limited (India), Sree Rayalaseema Hi-Strength Hypo Ltd (India), Tianjin Kaifeng Chemical Co., Ltd (China), YuzhoushiWeilite Chemical Co., Ltd (China), Innova Corporate (India), Nikunj Chemical Limited (India), and Tianjin Ruifuxin Chemical Co., Ltd (China). Manufacturers focus mainly on the expansion of production facilities, acquisition, joint ventures, and partnerships with key stakeholders to gain a competitive advantage over other players. Furthermore, producers are increasingly focusing on a strategic alliance with stakeholders, new product development, and expansion of production capacities to gain a maximum share of the global market.
- This segment is further segmented into powder, pellet, and granules.
- The powder segment holds the largest share of the global calcium hypochlorite market owing to its widespread use as a bleaching powder in textile, paper pulp, water treatment, and as a disinfectant for drinking water. This segment is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- The pellets segment has witnessed an average growth in the market owing to the increased demand from the industrial sector and a rise in demand for calcium hypochlorite as an oxidizing agent in the agrochemical and pulp paper industry.
- Calcium hypochlorite granules are mostly used in industries where the purity of the substance is of low interest and is reported to witness notable growth in the coming period.
Check Discount @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/check-discount/10714
- By application, the market is segmented into water treatment, house cleaner and detergent, agrochemical, pulp and paper, food and beverage, and others.
- The water treatment segment holds the second-largest share of the global calcium hypochlorite market due to the increased demand for calcium hypochlorite in wastewater management, favourable government facilities, and rehabilitation of waste water treatment plants.
- The house cleaner and detergent segment holds the largest share in the market due to the widespread usage of calcium hypochlorite as surface cleaning, laundry, disinfectant sprays, bathroom cleaners, etc.
- In agrochemicals, calcium hypochlorite has a wide range of applications in the agriculture sector. It is used as a disinfectant to control the growth of bacteria, algae, bees, and weeds. It is used in algaecide, pesticide, weedicide, and herbicide. In addition to this, it is used as an oxidizing agent in the agrochemical industry.
- In the pulp paper industry, calcium hypochlorite is widely used in the bleaching process. It is used as an oxidizing agent and for bleaching wood pulp in the paper industry.
- In the food beverage industry, calcium hypochlorite is used in sanitizing equipment in food processing operations, sanitation of fruits and vegetables, and wastewater treatment plants.
- The others segment includes cooling water treatment for slime control of bacteria, algal, and fungal; animal husbandry; aquaculture, etc.
- North America: Market growth is driven by the presence of large production bases of calcium hypochlorite producers globally, increasing demand for sanitization, and the presence of advanced manufacturing technologies.
- Asia-Pacific: This is the largest and fastest-growing regional market owing to the huge domestic production, growing water treatment activities, increasing government investments, and emerging economies such as India, China, Thailand, and others.
- Latin America: The growing demand is due to the expanding end-use industries and wastewater treatment activities.
- Middle East Africa: High level of disposable income and increased demand for end-use applications such as detergents, agrochemicals, and the paper pulp industry are fuelling the market growth in the region.
Market Research Future®
99 Hudson Street,5Th Floor
New York, New York 10013
United States of America
+1 628 258 0071(US)
+44 2035 002 764(UK)
Email: [email protected]