Phosphate is one of the most common elements mined primarily from phosphate rock. It is a chemical derivative of phosphoric acid and the majority of its global production is absorbed by fertilizer manufacturing industries in the booming agricultural sector. One metric ton of phosphate rock can produce more than 100 metric tons of phosphate granules. Phosphates can be segmented into the following categories:
- Orthophosphates: These are found naturally in the environment and in water, but are also artificially added to fertilizers. In swimming pools, orthophosphates are the most prevalent of all types of phosphates.
- Condensed phosphates: This type of phosphates contain salts, metals or minerals like calcium.
- Organophosphates: These are organic phosphates (esters of phosphoric acid). Organophosphates are a key ingredient in more than 50% of all pesticides.
- Inorganic phosphates: Inorganic phosphates are majorly deals with water treatment businesses.
Read report summary or request a free sample copy of the report “Phosphate Industry Procurement Intelligence, Supplier Intelligence, Supplier Ranking, Pricing Cost Structure Intelligence, Best Practices, Engagement Model, Low Best Cost Country, Day One Analysis Report, 2020 – 2027”
The global phosphate market was valued at USD 72 billion in 2020 and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2% from 2020 to 2027 majorly due to the rising demand for ammonium phosphate, from the manufacturing market. APAC is leading the global phosphate market with more than 40% share followed by Europe and North America. As agriculture is a core constituent of the economy in APAC countries like India China, these countries are responsible for generating high demand for phosphate and related products for the last five years. For instance, India is one of the leading countries, with more than 25% of world imports for natural calcium phosphates and natural aluminum calcium phosphates. In terms of applications, the phosphate fertilizer segment is expected to have the highest growth rate in APAC countries due to increase in agricultural spending and growing demand.
Phosphate rock is the most important feedstock of phosphate production. It is the major cost driver of overall production cost. The cost of phosphate rock accounted for more than 50% of the one-unit phosphate production. In the last two years, the price of phosphate rock fluctuate significantly majorly due to supply-demand disruption during Covid-19. The price of phosphate rock has witnessed a gradual decrease over the last ten years. However, it is expected to increase moderately during the forecast period.
Find more research reports by Grand View Research:
- Translation Services Industry Procurement Intelligence : The global translation services market was estimated at ~USD 50 billion in 2020 and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4% from 2020 to 2027 due to growing engagements of local markets into businesses.
- Turbine Repair and Maintenance Industry Procurement Intelligence : The global turbine repair and maintenance market was estimated at USD 81.8 billion in 2020 and the market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9%. While most of the markets suffered impacts (positive or negative) due to the outbreak of the COVID pandemic.
- Vaccine Industry Procurement Intelligence : The global vaccine market was valued at USD 42 billion in 2020 and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7-8% from 2020 to 2027.
Some of the key phosphate suppliers are:
- The Mosaic Company
- Nutrien Ltd
- EuroChem Group
- PhosAgro Group of Companies
- Incitec Pivot limited
- Fertoz Agriculture Pty Ltd
- Koch Fertilizer, LLC.
- Mississippi Phosphates Corporation
- Jordan Phosphate Mines
Check out the featured Add-on Services offered with Phosphate Industry Market Procurement Intelligence Report.
A smart and effective supply chain is essential for growth in any organization. Pipeline division at Grand View Research provides detailed insights on every aspect of the supply chain which helps in efficient procurement decisions.
Our services include (not limited to):
Market Intelligence involving - market size and forecast, growth factors, and driving trends
Price and Cost Intelligence - pricing models adopted for the category, the total cost of ownership
Supplier Intelligence - rich insight on supplier landscape, and identifies suppliers who are dominating, emerging, lounging, and specializing
Sourcing / Procurement Intelligence - best practices followed in the industry, identifying standard KPIs and SLAs, peer analysis, negotiation strategies to be utilized with the suppliers, and best-suited countries for sourcing to minimize supply chain disruption
Our market/procurement Intelligence reports include in-depth and actionable insights that help clients in understanding the different aspects of the supply chain and take more effective decisions.
Find More information @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/pipeline
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]