5G in Aviation: Introduction
- 5G is the fifth generation of mobile connection technology, which connects devices, infrastructures, and IoT objects and services with low latency and fast data transfer speeds for end-users.
- 5G uses an orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing technique to modulate digital signals over several channels to reduce interference and enable high-speed network access, allowing it to be used in large IoT connection creation and mission-critical communication activities.
- 5G in aviation market delivers core wireless transmission for seamless connection between the ground control room and flight crew for a safe and user-friendly experience. It provides ease in complex operations.
- 5G in aviation provides optimized solutions to minimize downtime and further aids in reducing intervention in ground support equipment which is considered a crucial investment for medium and small-sized airports to compete in the future.
- 5G in aviation enables better connectivity for contactless solutions for preflight, in-flight, and post-flight operations, which is becoming a new norm for air travel and thus has strong potential in the industry.
Global 5G in Aviation Market: Dynamics
Global 5G in Aviation Market: Key Drivers
- Increasing demand for better in-flight connectivity for video streaming, online interactions, and instant updates on flight schedules is expected to drive the market for 5G in aviation over the forecast period.
- A growing consumer base for air travel in both business and leisure segments along with demand for real-time schedules on flight availability and flexible fare schemes is expected to further boost the 5G in aviation market in the coming years.
- Technological advancements in the telecommunications industry, which enable multi-device access over high-speed networks, are expected to drive the 5G in aviation market globally.
- Rising integration of IoT applications to enhance the user experience and improve internal management has been a major trend in the aviation industry, which further contributes to the advancement in the 5G in aviation market.
- However, increasing concerns over 5G interfering with flight navigation systems as its bandwidth is closer to Global Positioning System (GPS) is anticipated to hamper the development of 5G in aviation over the forecast period.
Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of this Report @
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global 5G in Aviation Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the aviation industry adversely across the globe with increasing restrictions on air travel followed by rising complexities in the passenger journey. 5G in aviation has promising integration in airport operations owing to enhanced connectivity through strong communication channels. Airports are implementing multi-access layers of 5G and utilizing network slicing to achieve precise geolocation connectivity and reduce the network latency, which is further expected to propel the market during and after the pandemic.
Get More Press Releases by TMR: https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/esports-market-to-reach-the-value-of-us-11-16-bn-by-2031-engaging-gaming-competitions-during-covid-19-pandemic-to-boost-industry-growth-says-tmr-852490374.html
North America to account for Major Share of the Global 5G in Aviation Market
- In terms of region, the global 5G in aviation market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East Africa, and South America.
- In 2020, North America accounted for a large share of the global 5G in aviation market. Technological developments, along with an increase in demand for connectivity owing to smart airports in the region, are likely to drive market growth over the forecast period.
- The aviation industry in Asia Pacific has witnessed several challenges in the year 2020 with stringent government regulations on international and domestic travel in countries such as China, India, and Singapore, to prevent the spread of COVID-19, which further hampers the market for 5G in aviation in the region.
Global 5G in Aviation Market: Competition Landscape
Key companies operating in the 5G in aviation market are dominating the industry with strategic partnerships, extensive RD investment, and joint ventures with promising market players to develop strong products and service offerings. In April 2021, Ericsson extended its partnership with Airbus to provide 5G ready solutions that enable high-speed data transfer between the team of aeronautical engineers at the Toulouse city site along with IoT solutions through NB-IoT platforms for wider connectivity.
Pre Book now our premium research report @
Key Players Operating in the Global 5G in Aviation Market Include:
- AeroMobile Communications
- Cisco Systems
- Gogo LLC
- Global Eagle Entertainment
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Inseego Corp
- Panasonic Avionics Corporation
- SmartSky Networks, LLC
TMR has a track record to provide ace market research solutions that has earned us the trust of our clients for their business intelligence needs. Serving 13 industry verticals with a database of over 1,000 reports and 1 million + data points, our expanse to provide market research solutions is exceptional. We deep dive for a thorough understanding of the subject, gather precise information, and then analyze it to present solutions that are par excellence.