Before we start with the discussion on troubleshooting the login issue of SBCGlobal email account, it is important that you know what causes the problem.
First, check if you have a proper internet connection and that the device you are using is connected to the internet. Secondly, ensure that the email account’s username and the password are correct. If either of these are not entered correctly, you cannot log into your SBCGlobal email account. Instances occur when you might forget the login password of your SBCGlobal Email account and keep on entering the incorrect password. In such cases, you need to reset the password and use the new password for all your future logins. Apart from these, the below-mentioned are a few more reasons that often trigger SBCGlobal Email login issues:
- You are trying to log into your account after a long time
- Poor or unstable internet connection
- Incorrect email account configuration while using a third-party email service
- Incompatible or outdated web browser
- The antivirus or the firewall is affecting your login attempt to the SBCGlobal account
- Using incorrect username or the login password
- SBCGlobal Email server is down
- Using an outdated email application on your mobile device
- Your SBCGlobal Email account is hacked
How To Resolve SBCGlobal Email Login Issues?
Now that you have read what are the factors that can trigger issues in login to SBCGlobal email account, read on to explore the various ways by which you can resolve the problem. Here’s a look at some of the most effective troubleshooting methods that can help you resolve login-related issues of SBCGlobal email:
Method 1: Check the internet connection
- Check if your router is receiving the proper internet connection.
- Check if there is any physical damage (s) to the Ethernet cable that connects the router and your modem.
- Check if you can browse other websites.
Method 2: Check the email server
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Visit a website wherein you can check if there is any issue with the SBCGlobal email server. For example, you can visit www.downdetector.com to check if the email server is down.
- If there is any problem with the email server, there’s nothing you can do apart from waiting for the issue to get resolved on its own.
Method 3: Recover the password if you have forgotten it
- Open a web browser on your computer and visit SBCGlobal Forgot Password page.
- Click on “Password”.
- Enter your complete SBCGlobal email address and your last name and select “Continue”.
- Choose “I’ll answer my security questions” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, answer the security questions correctly (as set for the account).
- Click on “Continue” and follow the on-screen instructions to set a new password for your SBCGlobal email account.
Method 4: Clear browser cache and cookies
- If you are using Google Chrome, click on the Menu icon at the top-right hand side of the Chrome window.
- Click on “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down the page and locate the “Privacy security” tab. Click on “Clear browsing data”.
- Checkmark all the boxes and select a time range at the top.
- Click on “Clear data” at the bottom.
Similarly, if you are using other web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Edge, you can go to Settings and delete the browser cache and cookies.
Method 5: Turn off the firewall
- Press the “Windows+R” keys together to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “control” and press Enter to open the Control Panel.
- Click on “System and Security” and then select “Windows Defender Firewall”.
- On the left-hand panel, click on “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off”.
- Checkmark the “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” option and click on “OK” to save the changes.