Are you able to send money online, split bills and pay them? Or do you get money from other people? The Cash App might be something you've heard about. It is a safe and convenient way to send money online. What happens if a loved one passes away and you need to delete their Cash App account?
If you don’t know how to close a Cash App account, this the right place for you. Because here I will mention everything that you need to do for deleting Cash App account.
How to permanently delete your Cash App account?
It might take some effort to delete your online presence. You might need to collect your Social Security number and driver's license. Logins may also be required. Furthermore, these are three essential stages that you need to consider when you delete the Cash App account:
1. Do not delete the app
2. Transfer the money
3. Close the account
Follow these steps to Close the Cash App account:
- If you have the app open, it is easy to deactivate your Cash App account. Logging in is unnecessary! After you have cashed out, tap on the account menu icon.
- This will bring up a full menu with options. Tap "Support" to see the question mark icon.
- Here among the given options click on "Something Else" to access them.
- Then Select the Account settings, finally hit the Close My Cash App account button.
- You will receive either an email confirmation or a text confirmation depending on which contact information is linked to your account.
Before you delete an app, make sure you have received the confirmation. It is not a good idea to re-download it again. You must carefully follow the instructions below to cancel a cash app payment that is pending. These are the steps:
- Open Cash App on your mobile phone.
- You will be redirected back to the Cash App homepage after opening the Cash App.
- Navigate to Activity and locate the Cash App transactions.
- Find the payment ID of the person you wish to cancel the transaction authority.
- You can select the payment and see the details of the transaction on the screen.
- You will find the ''...'', tap in the upper right corner.
- Click on the cancel tab to select the cancellation reason. To submit your response, tap the OK icon after selecting the reasons.
Cash App currently does not allow you to clear transaction history. Cash App users cannot clear their transaction history. Once a transaction is completed, it will be automatically added to your payment history. This means that your transaction history and account information will always be available to you and others who have access.
This is because your transactions are already private. The only people who can see them are you and the recipient of the payment. If you are determined to erase your Cash App transaction records for any reason, you can permanently close your account to clear your cash app history.